Thank you very much for all the lovely feedback about the show. The Musical Stars team put a lot of work into this year’s show and we are all very proud of what the children achieved.
We have accumulated a number of items of lost property (shoes, tops, jackets, sweaters, pencil case and books). If you are missing anything please email me and let me know.
We are delighted that this year our decision to combine the different venues and casts (while technically tricky and demanding!!), actually had an unintended impact on enhancing the relationships between children across the different Musical Stars venues. Teachers and helpers at various points consistently observed that it created a lovely atmosphere and something very special, particularly with the older Kea and Kereru groups. For example, we had children bonding over hot chocolates, movies and various i-devices during (brief!) periods of down time. We also had children from different groups helping others with frantically fast costume changes, (in particular, the Kea girls were amazingly supportive of each other in this). The children themselves have also been talking about the experience and the social aspect of the show. This organic and collegial approach was lovely to see.
Outlined below are a few more dates for your diary. Please also carefully note final dates for the term. We appreciate that this is an extremely busy time of year, but it would be fantastic if could join us for these other performance opportunities:
- 6th of December (Kereru Children), 12pm-2pm: Christmas function for The Vincentian Rest Home, 2 Stanley St, Berhampore
- 14th of December, (All children and siblings):Wellington Christmas Parade (: We are delighted to have the support of Macauly Metals this year and a HUGE truck! Siblings are welcome to join us. Please wear this year’s Musical Stars T-shirt (siblings a plain Black Tee if possible), jeans or black pants, sunnies and a Christmas hat. The parade starts at 2pm but children will need to assemble at the float at 1pm. Helpers with walking and decorating in the morning will also be needed. Full details to follow.
- Please note there will be no class in week 10 of the term.Certificates of achievement will be given out at each venue during the final classes on 8th, 10th and 11th of December respectively.
- 20th of December(All children and families) (1pm-4pm): ‘Carols in the Park’, Days Bay Pavilion, 611 Marine Parade Days Bay . To acknowledge the hard work of all the children and the friendships created during this year’s show we’d like to host a Musical Stars Christmas party for all our kids. We will meet at the Days Bay Pavilion Café on Saturday 20th . There will be a Secret Santa game (please bring a $5 wrapped present), we’ll sing carols and dance the Christmas songs we learnt for the Parade. Please also bring a small plate to share.
We’ll provide soft drinks (sugar free), water and chips. At the café you can also buy coffee or something to eat. We are happy for you to drop the children to us and go and do some Christmas Shopping, or you can stay and mingle with the kids have fun. This is not a compulsory activity but please wear the Musical Stars t-shirt from the show. We are also happy to collect any Wellington based children from the Days Bay Ferry and/or send them back on particular sailings. This event will happen rain or shine.
For this event too it’d be great if you learnt a Christmas Carol, bring a guitar, ukelele, violin or flute to play along. Microphones and speakers will be available. This is an opportunity for families to come along and share their gift too!
Please confirm as soon as possible if your child/ren will continue with Musical Stars next year. We are organising classes and programmes now. There is no age restriction and we will adapt the programme to the different age groups. We are also considering a programme for the older children, who now have the experience and basic education, and we’d love to take them to the next step.
Classes for 2015 will restart:
- Monday 9th of February – Wellington Venue
- Wednesday 11th of February – Karori Venue
- Thursday 12th of February – Lower Hutt Venue
Next year we welcome Madeleine Knowles who was a student for many many years and will come on board as another dance teacher in 2015. We are very excited to have her back at Musical Stars!
Two other events we have been invited to participate in early next year are:
- Saturday 14th of February: (All children) Bay Festival. Musical Stars will have a 30 minute block
- Sunday 8th of March: (All children)Festival. We will have a 20 minute block.
Talita and the Musical Stars Team